At 63 delis, we serve more than food; we share a tradition that binds us. Our team, united by a passion for culinary excellence, nurtures creativity and embraces local culture. Join us to become a steward of this vision, a part of a culinary symphony that transcends the plate. Here, you'll contribute your unique flavour, finding joy in the art of serving customers.
With 63 delis, every day is a chance to create a legacy of taste, together.
As a Team Member, you are the heart and soul of the Deli-Restaurant. Your main role is to provide excellent customer service, manage the deli counter efficiently, assist in basic food preparation, and effectively use the Point of Sale (PoS) system. Your friendliness, efficiency, and high-quality service will contribute to creating a welcoming and satisfying experience for our customers.
This is a permanent role based in London SE18.* The nearest station is Wolwich on the Elizabeth Line.
(* Where required by the Employer, the successful candidate may be expected to work in other locations of the Employer)
What Will You Do
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, ensuring a pleasant and satisfying dining experience and take away experience for our customers.
- Manage the deli counter, including serving customers, preparing food, and maintaining cleanliness.
- Assist in basic food preparation, adhering to the Company’s recipes and presentation standards, and prepare/cook a variety of food items including pastas, risottos, breakfast dishes, and other menu items in accordance with our recipes and presentation standards.
- Operate the PoS system accurately for order taking and adjustments.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines and food hygiene standards.
- Assist with stocking and replenishing supplies and inventory.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness of dining areas, including the removal of dirty dishes and rubbish, and if required, operate washing equipment and clean services regularly.
- Open/close the restaurant, collaborate with other Team Members and generally contribute positively to the work environment.
- Basic Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Mandatory Skills and Competencies
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Ability to follow recipes and presentation standards.
- Experience in operating a PoS system.
- Knowledge of alcohol serving laws and regulations.
- Food Hygiene Certificate holder.
Nice to have
- Previous experience in a deli, café, or restaurant setting.
- Food Hygiene Certificate holder.
- Basic knowledge of food preparation and safety.
Why Join Us
Be a Food Revolutionary: We are not your typical restaurant group. We are doing things differently, shaking up the hospitality scene. By joining us, you will be at the forefront of this exciting revolution.
Grow With Us: We believe in nurturing talent. No matter where you start, there's always room to learn, grow, and move up. We offer training and mentorship to help you hone your skills and reach your full potential. We plan to expand the concept rapidly, and we want you to grow with us!
Community & Belonging: We are not just a team; we are a community. We strive to create a friendly, inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and heard. We celebrate our differences and believe they make us stronger.
Work That Matters: We are committed to making a positive impact - not just in our eno-gatronomies, but also in the local communities where we operate by creating a socially-inclusive destination eatery and community space.
Flexibility & Balance: We understand that you have a life outside work. Whether you are studying, raising a family or pursuing a hobby, we are prepared to discuss flexible schedules to help you maintain that important work-life balance.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work.
You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
The salary for the Team Member role is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Exact banding will be disclosed during the interview process. The Company is committed to pay all its employees at least London Living Wage.
A full-time position
Attractive remuneration package
Essential and advanced
Career progress and recognition for outstanding work
Eat & Drink
One meal per shift provided to all employees